Sunday, March 4, 2012

Noel...Three Challenges in One

Noel....Three Challenges in One plus One more:)
Hello my Scrappy Friends! I wanted to share a page I did for three different challenges. 
1. Whimsical Designs - Sketch challenge #44.
2. Hiding In My Craft Room (HIMCR)- #36 color challenge the colors are Monochromatic Green.
3. Really Reasonable Ribbon- Challenge #43 is Monochromatic Green & to use some kind of ribbon/lace or trim somewhere on your project.
Paper Issues- Go Green or Go Home
Here's my page-

I went with the Christmas theme because this was the first picture I came across that I could use green! My little grandson has on a green shirt and with it being Christmas Eve it was perfect.
I took scraps of ribbon and paper for the side strips, some old Christmas stickers that I put on card board and layered them to look like a Christmas tree then popped it off the page with foam tape, added a wooden star button for the topper. The title was bought just yesterday at a garage sale! Whoop Whoop I think it cost me a whole 10 cents. I did some distressing using the Tim Holtz distresser and sewed on the title and the crochet ribbon. 

Here's the sketch-

Thanks for stopping by:)
~Kim

22 comments:

L.B. said...

Your take on the sketch as a layout is great and love your tree on this. Very fun layout.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the tree and the pearl title!

Susan said...

Kim, this turned out AMAZING! It really pulled together just perfect. That tree is such a great idea! How lucky for you to be able to go to garage sales already. It's still too cold here. :(

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER fun page--love the ribbons/banners and I LOVE the sentiment!

Heather May Holbrook said...

Yay! I am so happy to see someone else interpret the sketch as a layout- great job, really fun layout! Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Designs this week!
Hugs,
Heather P
www.heather-p.blogspot.com

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow Look at your layout. Its supper cute. I love your take on our green Challenge. I love it.
Thanks so much for joining us at HIMCR DTM AJ.

Missy said...

Love this! I saw it other on Paper Issues and I had to stop in and tell you how awesome it is! Great job!

Esther said...

Fabulous layout and wonderful way to use the sketch!
Love the pearl Noel!
Thanks for joining Whimsical Wednesday this week.

mum of two said...

What a great layout! All the little touches are perfect - that tree? fabulous! I love your take on Nanne's sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesdays :) Hope to see you again soon.

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Kim!! I love Noel in pearls and the tree is fabulous!! What a great take on the sketch :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

PaperVine said...

This is just adorable - I love that tree and what a gorgeous photo!
Thanks for sharing
Lowri :-)

Pia S said...

I love that you have added pearls, and I think the tree with text is so fab. Lovely design!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Gorgeous layout. Thank you for joining us at HIMCR.

**Treefrog** said...

You did Amazing with the sketch, I love it! (I have to confess, I have Tons of Xmas pics I need to scrap, lol!) Love the ribbons and the Noel is great! So glad you joined us over at Whimsical Wednesdays!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Patricia Roebuck said...

Love your take on the Go Green Challenge at Paper Issues for using it as a Christmas theme...beautiful!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your layout, Kim... the tree and the title are both so unique and delightful!

sue w. said...

Loving your layout and so glad our sketch over at Whimsical Wednesday inspired you to create this wonderful keepsake.
Hugs Sue W.

Marilyn said...

Adorable page, Kim!! love the little tree and the lovely photo!! Thanks for the love on my blog! Take Care!
Hugs!:)

Susan Hogan said...

Kim, this scrap page is wonderful - so happy looking; captures the delight of Christmas Eve for a child.

Susan said...

Hi Kim!

I think I may have ESP... I'm getting a feeling you're about to find out some good news soon!!! ;)

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Jan Hennings said...

Great LO and the use of green! The little tree is adorable. Thanks for playing along with the RRR Challenge :)

Gretchen said...

now that is multi-tasking!! fun layout!! :)