Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cute Country Girl,,,

Hello my Scrappy Friends!  Thanks so much for dropping by! My page is of my mother in law when she was 5 years old! She was so cute with her curly hair sitting there with her best friends her dogs! She lived on a farm and there were no kids close by. 
Here's my take on the sketch at Stuck On U Sketches.
Some close ups.
I decided to make tags because I didn't have any photos to go with this.
I drew out a jean pocket and put foe stitching on it with a hand stitched heart! Then I made a bunch of flowers to fill the pocket and stamped some fern leaves in the background. Some of the flowers are fabric and the others are paper!
I used the Country Life Cricut cartridge. Flower from Creative cafe & I added the button.
Font from Country Life Cricut cartridge and some Flower brads.

Here's the sketch.
Original Sketch 

I'm also entering my page into Let's Ink It Up, Show us your flower challenge.
I made lots of flowers to add to my page.

Thanks for stopping by:)
~Kim

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this!! I love love love love the photo, the tags and LOVING the windmill!

Norma said...

Hi Kim:) WOW! love all the details on this beautiful layout! TFS

lovemypaper said...

Great layout!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout, makes a lovely change. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay-out! Love the tags! So fun!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Stine Ursin said...

Love the tags u have used instead of circles, and the cuts you have used goes so well with the picture!! Love the windmill. thanks for joining us at SOUS!!

Susan Hogan said...

What a fabby photograph to have to scrap. Lovely flowers. Thanks for joining us in the fun at LIIU this month.

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! All of the details are just stunning!! What a fabulous layout, Kim!! I love it :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Love your layout it's very beautiful. The flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma

Nanne said...

oh cute is this?.. I too love the tags and you've added so many wonderful details to them. Awesome take on our sketch..
thnx for playing along with us over at SOUS
hugs
Nanné

Anonymous said...

NO WAY!
First off, Nanne didn't say anything but this is a favorite cart for both she and I so when I saw this I got super excited! This is WAY cute and one of my favorite interpretations of the sketch, for sure! I love the tags and design! Too too cute!
SOOO glad you joined SOUS, hope for sure to see ya again!
~Leah