Saturday, March 24, 2012

Brown County...Indiana

Hello my Scrappy Friends! Hope everyone is enjoying your weekends! I finally finished a page I have been working on since the beginning of the week. Everything kept interfering with me getting in my scrap room. Well I finally finished right before the deadline!  I'm really happy with how it turned out and think I will make a page similar for my daughters scrapbook.
The challenge was a sketch  from  Stuck On U Sketches.
I tried to copy the sketch to post but it wouldn't work!! I have no idea if this is just blogger acting up or a new thing. I'm also entering this into the challenge over at Child's Play Challenges, the challenge is inspired by dominoes. I thought of the dots on the dominoes! Last but not least I'm also entering this into the Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog. The challenge was Seeing Spots, make a project with spots, dots or polka dots! I think my page fills that challenge!

 Any ways here is my page.
Close Ups-

My recipe-
Lots of distressing -Tim Holtz distresser
Paper-scraps & My Minds Eye "Complete Boy"
Ink- Studio G, Brilliance
Artistic blending chalk
Cricut Cartridge- Country life
Buttons
 Jewell's
Foam tape
Glitter glue
DNC floss

Thanks for stopping by:)
~Kim

http://www.stuckonusketches.blogspot.com/2012/03/march-16-original-sketch.html
http://childsplaychallenges.blogspot.com/2012/02/classic-game-challenge-dominoes.html
http://scrappyfrogschallenge.blogspot.com/  

17 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, wow! Kim! That is jujst adorable!! Love that polka dot paper and your cute chair and cat.! So honored that you used our sketch at SOUS!

L.B. said...

What a fun layout with all sorts of little extras. Love the cat on the chair.

Susan said...

Wow Kim! You always do wonderful layouts but I have to say, this is one of my favorite ones! Everything works together so perfect. The chair/cat and flowers add a very nice addition to the page. I like the Brown County letters too! This belongs in a magazine!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the flowers and LOVING the cat in the chair!

lovemypaper said...

Cute layout!

Janet M said...

Great layout and colors - fun photos too. Thanks for playing along at Child's Play.

Ilene said...

That turned out great!! Love all the layering and distressing and the red polka dot paper. That cat sitting on the white chair is adorable...sooo creative!

Anonymous said...

Kim your LO is awesome! I love the paper! And the chair! So fun!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

What a fun lay-out! Love all the great details, the rocking chair, the flowers! Nicely done!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Charlotte Brochu said...

What a very cute layout! Love the red and all your great embellishments! Really great distressing too! Thanks so much for playing along at SOUS! Hope to see you again!

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful LO and love how you worked the dots on the page!!! great job!!! thanks soo much for playing along with Child's Play Challenges!!!

Fern said...

Kim I love your layout!!! Great job on the distressing!! Thanks for playing along with us over at SOUS!! Hugs!!!

Lisa said...

Everything about this is fabulous!! I love the layout, the frayed paper edges, the adorable chair and cat, the letters in Brown County, the pictures and especially the location...about 30 minutes from where I live :D I LOVE this!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

tiffany said...

this is gorgeous! love how you roughed up the edges of the red dot paper- and you have so many great accents on your page too! Thanks for playing along at Child’s Play Challenges =) Tiffany

Nanne said...

Oh I love, love, love it... I've been dying to use that cat on chair cut and when I seen it on your layout, it was instant love..LOL You've chosen amazing prints and the photos are too cute..
thnx for joining in on our sketch challenge over at sous
Hugs
Nanné

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...another WONDERFUL project!
This is SO great...I am having the BEST time
seeing your cut choices!
Keep em' coming! LOL!

~Leah

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Project ! Thanks for playing along with Child's Play Challenges!!!