Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Scrappiest: Sketch 124

Hello Friends:) I was able to finish a layout for The Scrappiest this week! I'm telling you I thought I would have all this time over the summer to scrap but it seems like the Lord has other plans! I have been helping out with VBS this week and still helping out a friend of mine from church. But I was able to finish this page this morning!! I'm so Glad to have made the deadline! I actually spilt a whole glass of iced tea all over the picture and some of the page. Luckily you can't even tell! Thank you Lord for that one:)
Here's my page!




The Sketch


The Recipe-
paper from-The Paper Studio (Sweet Pea)
EK Success - Inspirables
button
stickers? 
ink studio G
DNC floss
card board
Tim Holtz distresser
ATG gun
vellum quote ?
hand stitching

Thanks for stopping by:)
~Kim

7 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Kim!

OOOOO....Look how cute lil Isaiah is with his little binky! The page you made is so dog gone cute! I love the sentiment and also the colors you used on here. Then add in that sweet face and it lights up the page even more so! Isn't VBS fun to be involved in? When my boys were young I used to help out our church and I had so much fun being around those little ones. Their excitement always made me smile! You have a good day Kim! :)

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

WOW, Kim, this layout is so FABULOUS! And oh my gosh, Isaiah is just adorable! I love the papers you used, your design, the embellishments and that awesome sentiment! Absolutely stunning layout!! Love it :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

OOh such a sweet layout. I especially like the way you have made the stars flare out
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Kim, this is a fabulous LO! I love the distressing. It is so effective on this pastel pp! Isaiah is so precious, and I love the quotation you used! Thanks for your sweet comments. My sewing machine is such a blessing. I thank my DH for allowing me to get it every time I use it. I bought it for sewing, but it sure comes in handy on scrapbooking. Even if your machine can't do this stitch, you can get a similar look with a marker. Gabriella Pollacco does this on some of her LO's. Here is a link to one. See the stitching around the rectangular mat - that is inked in not stitched. Click on the photo and click again for a close up view. Here is the link: http://gabriellepollacco.blogspot.com/2011/05/bo-bunny-focus-on-flowers-some-new.html

Have a wonderful 4th with family and friends! ~ Blessings

Karen H said...

Kim, this is simply fabulous! I LOVE those dangling stars.. made even better since they're hanging from a button! So many details to love about this LO... and the little sweetheart is precious. The sentiment is so perfect, too. Gorgeous LO, bursting with love. :o)

Hugs and blessings! :o)

seo greece said...

this layout looks so beautiful and i love these designs.

LaVerne said...

LOVE IT!!!