Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Independence Day

12.02 sketch challenge
Hello my Scrappy Friends!  Here is a page I did for http://sketchythursdays.blogspot.com/   I really liked the sketch and thought I would play along!  The picture wasn't that good no natural light when I took it.  I thought it would be fun to play off the idea of  the holiday and make the mats under my pictures look like fireworks! So I used some star garland! I thought it turned out cute! I stamped my journal "Celebrate" using my Stampology stamp.  I used the  Disney's Hannah Montana font on my Cricut for my title.  I used string to wrap around the photo and hung a metal star charm that says family.  It didn't show up very well either.


So for my personal challenge to use something old in my scrap room the paper, charm and the stamp I used were things I had never used before and have had them around for years!  Hope you like my page.  Leave me a comment I would love to hear what you think!  

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GREAT!! Loveeeeeeeee those stars! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

Love how you added July 4 embellishments, so clever! Thanks for joining the Sketchy Thursdays fun this week!!

Fern said...

Hi Kim, great job with the sketch!! I really like the stars and the twine!!
Hey sweetie, you won my Frosted Designs Holiday Blog Candy... But I need some info from you!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs

Anonymous said...

You are the bomb! I love it~